Just in time for Easter, I thought I would share just a few things I’m loving and that are on trend for Spring 2014 🙂
1) Orange Lips- this color is huge this year…only problem is finding the right shade for your skin tone.
I recently went outside my comfort zone and bought Mac’s “Morange” lipstick and I loveeee it!
I am currently awaiting to receive in the mail Limecrime’s “Cosmo pop” lipstick pictured above! Obsessed!!
2) Radiant Orchid- Pantone released its Color of the year for 2014 and Radiant Orchid was it! Super pretty, tons of flattering variations for every skin tone and an easy way to wear color on your face!
Pictured above I’m wearing Mac’s “Heroine” lipstick. ❤
Scarlett could basically pull off any color…lucky b#%*@
3) Bold Brows- Please dear god, let this trend be here to stay. I don’t think skinny brows were ever a great trend!
Cara (above) has probably the best example of what a bold eyebrow should look like. Hers are perfect!
Above- My attempt at fuller brows and Radiant Orchid lips again. For my brows I’ve been using Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. I don’t think I will ever switch!
4) Blue Eye Makeup- and not your “Mimi” from the Drew Carey show type of blue shadow either.
Pictured above is Instagram Beauty Guru and one of my girl crushes..Username- Amrezy. Go check out her page for awesome makeup inspiration.
5) Glowy Skin- Healthy looking Luminous skin is always in. Bronzer, Highlighters and good skin care products will help you achieve this look!
“Jlo’s glow”…need I say anymore.
Think luminous & slightly sun kissed, just like Rosie(above)…not greasy, just left the gym.
6) White Eyeliner- As I mentioned in my “get rid of dark circles” post, white liner can do wonders. It makes you look more awake & bright and your eyes larger.
7) Black eyeliner- is in right now and its not just your traditional straight line across your lid either. Runways have shown all sorts of different graphic styles. Some are little hard to pull off…but fun to try maybe for a night out?
1) Pastels- If you look in a lot of clothing stores, pastels have appeared to have take over and this same thing has taken over nail color trends. Super pretty and flattering!
2) Modern French- a different twist on the classic White tipped French. Either use one different color for just the tip or use a two colors for something more fun!
Above- Pedicure done by yours truly on a client and probably my favorite color combo EVER!!!!
3) Stripes – Whether they are horizontal, vertical, zigzag or even just on one accent nail, stripes are an easy way to do nail art. ( and thank god for that, because if there is one thing I am really not great at, its nail art. 😦 )
My stubby little figures featuring some stripes 😉 (above)
Above- a picture I found on pinterest! Love that incorporates stripes and a modern French tip! ❤
Hope you enjoyed this little read and it inspires you to try some different makeup and nail ideas this spring!
-Nicole xo 🙂