In the last few months of being the worst blogger in the history of bloggers, I have accumulated quite of bit of makeup and new products. Some being awesome finds and others not so awesome finds.
So let’s just jump into the goodies, shall we?!
Faves & Raves
Clinique Beyond Perfection Foundation and Concealer
-While the mission to get this foundation was a pain in my ass( anyone that knows me, knows this story and I will spare everyone else the drama!) when I finally managed to get my hands on it, it did not disappoint!
This foundation has impressive coverage and a nice finish, it doesn’t make my skin break out and the price wasn’t terrible either.
My only issue is the colour selection. I had to buy a shade darker then I normally would because their lack of light shades was limited, so ladies who are more fair then I may have a trickier time finding a matching shade.
Nyx Strobe of Genius Palette
-My local Shoppers drug mart has recently become one of my favourite places. Why? Because it carries all kinds of Nyx makeup now, that’s why!!
This little gem is great for someone who doesn’t want to spend a fortune on highlighters and still get a decent glow.
I mainly dip into the three bottom colours, the top few I wasn’t crazy over, but may work for other skin tones. 🙂
Nyx Contour Palette
– Another steal from the drugstore! I thought I loved my Kat Von D Shade and Light palette till I met this little fella. You receive more colour options in Nyx’s palette and it’s cheaper. I may even like the formula just a smidge more in this one too.
Nyx Liquid Suede Lipsticks
– I am obsessed with these babies. Great colour pay off, long wearing and a fun shade range that would get any makeup junkie excited. So far, I own Stone fox ( a cool dark greyish shade), Amethyst ( a fun, bright purple shade) and Pink Lust ( a perfect summer fuchsia )
Tip: These lippies, like any matte lipstick formula tend to be a little drying, so make sure to moisturize your lips prior to applying them!)
Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
-Love, love, love this for setting my under eye area. It totally reduces the amount of creasing I get with my concealer. It also brightens my oh so lovely dark circles. Thank you Nicole Guerriero for your infinite makeup wisdom and using this on your YouTube Channel and making me go out and buy this (among all kinds of other things).
My wallet hates you though…….
Too Faced Hangover Primer
– Now , I don’t know if it’s this primer or because my Clinique foundation is long lasting, but I really like this stuff and how my makeup looks/lasts. If anything, it moisturizes my face and smells like Pina coladas and who doesn’t want their face smelling so yummy?! 🙂
Graftobian High Definition Color Palette
– In April, I got to have an amazing opportunity and a totally kick ass time doing makeup for Eastlink , during East Coast Music week.
My mom, being the best person she is, bought me this foundation palette. These are highly concentrated colours that range from the fairest fair to the darkest dark. I figured this would be a great opportunity to get some quality things that I could really use in my ever growing kit.
The foundations are great for use for photoshoots and video as they do not give flashback and they are long lasting & high coverage.
The only downfall is they are on the pricier side. Thank god my Momma loves me ❤
While I don’t have a ton of bad products for this post, I do have one 😦
Hourglass Strobe Powders
– I’m unsure if I’m just not using this correctly, but I don’t think I like it.
I thought for the price and the name, I would be blown away. But, my Nyx highlighters are better and half the price. 😦 So, needless to say I am disappointed. I will continue to use it though and hopefully change my mind. Or it will be lost in the clutter that is my makeup room.
And there you have it. Now go out and buy all kinds of stuff so I don’t feel so alone in my bad shopping habits.
Till next time,
Xoxo Gossip Girl…..
I mean, Nicole 🙂